Emergency Orthodontist in Winter Springs and Oviedo FL
There are very few true orthodontic emergencies. When they do occur we are available to take care of the problem. You should call our office in Winter Springs when you experience pain or when you have a painful appliance problem and you can’t take care of it yourself. We will give priority to any patient who requires an emergency orthodontist.
The first few days after your braces are in place you may feel some discomfort. You may take acetaminophen or other non-aspirin pain relievers.
Call our office as soon as possible if you experience any of these problems:
Loose or Broken Braces
Loose Appliance / Wire
Loose Band or Bracket
Lost Elastic Tie
Accidents Involving the Teeth
Don’t wait for your next visit to tell us because we want to fix the problem ASAP
What not to eat or chew
- Ice Ice will totally destroy your braces!
- Pizza Crust The hard crust bend wires.
- Hard Pretzels Bend wires, loosens bands, knocks off brackets.
- Doritos, Tacos, Tostitos, Cheetos, Fritos and the like… will form a hard ball and break your braces.
- Caramel Candy, Bubble Gum Sticky goo that pulls off wires and feeds the bacteria in your mouth.
- Hard Rolls, Bagels, Bones Bends wire, knocks off brackets.
- Beef Jeryky, Slim Jims Tough as nails!
- Suckers You might weaken and bite.
- Nuts No nuts of any kind.
- Ribs Knocks off brackets.
- Pens & Pencils Favorite exam time food, breaks everythink.
- Popcorn The little shells get between the gum and band and hurt like crazy.
- Raw Carrots Hard as rocks.
Eating these food will loosen the braces, but you may not discover the problem until hours or days later. Please call if you have questions.
Have an Orthodontic Emergency?
Contact us below or call 407-699-1200. If you are out of town, we will help you find the nearest emergency orthodontist who can help.